We understand that you may need to ask some questions regarding our services offered. We have carefully put together a common list of questions and answers.If you still cannot find the necessary information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. What services do you provide?
We provide professional flexible and affordable removals (house and business removals), piano moving, courier and secure storage services throughout Ireland. We also provide International Removals to and from the UK, and Europe.
We also provide transport for single items, like 3 piece suites, exercise bikes etc, so don’t worry if you don’t have a full house or business to move - if it needs moving, just call Moving Line to move it!
Here are some examples of the professional removal and delivery services we provide all the time!
- Pickup, wrap, removal and safe delivery of contents for a 3 Bed house and Garden within Ireland, (e.g. Athlone to Dublin), providing 2 removal men and large truck.We do all the lifting and packing, and replace everything in the new property in it’s desired location, including providing and taking away the wrapping materialsTypically, customers will have most of their belongings boxed up in preparation for moving day, but will need their furniture protected during transit. We do this (safety heavy duty plastic wrapping and blankets for furniture items).
We can also provide packaging (boxes and crates) in advance on request (for an additional fee)
Ask us about our shared load service also, which can lower your costs if we are doing a number of deliveries/collections in the same area (subject to availability)
- Pickup and deliver an item or items of furniture (e.g. if you spot a 3 piece suite on Done Deal or Ebay, but don’t have any way to get it to you, we can safely collect it for you)
- Move a large piano, securely and safely, from Dublin to London. Your treasured instrument will arrive in perfect condition with our experienced removal men, and we can include the cost of the ferry transport in our quotation.
- On a tight budget? Maybe you’re a student moving a small amount of furniture from home to student accommodation, Halls of residence or ‘digs’. If you would like to save money and are fit and prepared to do the lifting yourself, we can provide just the Driver and Van for your move, under our Basic Gold package.
- Moving one or two members of staff to a new office? We can pick up and deliver desks, computers, filing cabinets and file boxes throughout Ireland and the UK, We’ll even dismantle bookcases and desks, and reassemble them at the new location.
2. How much will it cost?
We provide 3 package price points, GOLD, SILVER or PLATINUM plans depending on the level of removal support you require (from DIY to Full Assisted). ALL packages are delivered equally professionally and you can count on experienced, courteous and helpful removal men, who turn up on-time, in fit for purpose vans/trucks, whichever package you choose - WE GUARANTEE IT!
At Moving line, we pride ourselves on providing a quality removals service, at an affordable price. So we are not just a budget ‘man and van’ service, we are an OUTSTANDING VALUE FOR MONEY removals company (because you really will get what you pay for, and if you want your precious items to arrive securely and intact at their destination, it is usually not a good idea to only consider the cheapest price offered for a move. It should be one factor, along with the reputation and reviews of the company, and their experience.Like with everything else, the old saying applies ‘you get what you pay for!’ (also known as ‘the cheap thing can be the dear thing in the long run!’). In this regard, Moving Line, with almost 600 top reviews on AnyVan (more than any other professional removal company) are Top of the tree!
However, as you will see if you look at our many reviews, we uniquely manage to combine an incredible level of professional service, along with GREAT VALUE! So we strive to provide a great quality service, minimising overheads where possible without compromising on service, so we don’t ‘stitch it in’!
The final price depends on - What you’re transporting, Where you’re transporting it to, and How much of the work do you want us to do for you?
To get a free, quick ‘ballpark’ QUOTE, please use the quote form here.
For as accurate a quote as possible, please complete the FULL INVENTORY form, providing as much detail as possible on the items you want moved.
3. How do I book?
- Get a Quote, indicating the level of service (Silver, Gold, or Platinum) you require, or contact us using our contact page.
- If you are happy with the quote, accept and pay your booking deposit (you can pay online securely by Credit, Debit Card or PayPal.
- Once we receive payment, your move is locked in for that date and you can relax in the knowledge we’ll professionally and pleasantly take care of the rest. We will communicate clearly with you, turn up on time, wrap/protect furniture (wrapping is part of our Gold and Platinum packages only) and expertly carry out the move and unload at your destination of choice.
4. How do I pay you?
- Your booking deposit is payable securely online via Credit Card (Visa, American Express or Mastercard), Visa Debit Card, or PayPal and we will tell you how much this is (typically 25% of the final move price) when we confirm your final quotation. We will issue you with an invoice with a link to our SSL encrypted secure payment page to make your payment online by Card or PayPal.
- The balance is payable by cash on completion of the job or by cheque (Please note cheques need to be received 1 week before the job to allow clearance).
5. Can you provide more removal men if required?
Yes, two or even three men are provided with our Gold and Platinum package. If you have a particularly large move and will require even more than this, please contact us for an individual estimate.
6. Does my quote include charges on toll roads?
Yes. If your removal is within a toll road the cost will be included in the quote and no further charges will be required.
7. Once a move has been booked, how do I receive confirmation?
Once you pay your booking deposit online, you will receive a confirmation email which acts as your receipt (please keep this). We will also confirm with you via Phone and Email and/or Text.
8. Will you be on time?
We have an outstanding record of punctuality and it is part of our professional ethos to aim to be ‘on time, every time’- in fact, if you read our reviews, you’ll notice many of our customers reflect that we turn up on time. We do everything within our control to be punctual, however, if through no fault of ours (road works, traffic accident, etc) we are late, we will contact you to let you know our ETA.
9. Will you pack our items for us?
Usually, customers have most of their loose items already boxed, ready for transport. Furniture items we DO then wrap safely for transport, with a combination of Bubble Wrap, Blankets, specialist heavy plastic protective cling wrap as required (NB - part of the Gold and Platinum service only).
We do not generally provide wrapping of furniture on the budget level DIY Silver service. Please ensure you have some coverings for items you wish to protect as we cannot guarantee to provide them on our budget service - on all other service levels (Gold and Platinum), we take care of it!
If you require boxes to pack in advance of move day, we are happy to provide them (at additional cost), please contact us in advance for a quote and we will arrange delivery for you.
We will ensure all items are secured properly in the vans/trucks with restraining straps/ropes to ensure safe transport and your items are protected.
10. Are you insured?
YES. We are insured up to €325,000 for items in transport (Gold and Platinum service) and carry public liability insurance of €2 million!
A copy of our insurance certificate is available upon request.
Please note: even though we are covered with significant levels of insurance as above, we encourage clients to have their own insurance in place for any items which are especially valuable to them, or enquire with their own Insurers if they are covered under their existing contents policy also.